The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is designed for adolescents who do not require the intensity of a hospital setting, but are still having some emotional or behavioral issues that need to be addressed more intensely than what can be provided in a traditional outpatient setting. Participants attend PHP five days a week. The program consists of attending treatment and school at our facility then returning home in the evening. The program provides support and treatment for youth facing emotional or mental difficulties and/or substance abuse problems.
- Partial Hospitalization is an outpatient program for the diagnosis and/or active treatment of a serious mental disorder in a consistent, structured environment while maintaining usual living arrangements with their families
- The level of care provided in PHP is necessary to maintain the patient’s progress and prevent relapse or readmission to the hospital
- Serves as a transition from inpatient to outpatient care-
- “step down” from hospitalization and “step up” when outpatient treatment is not effectively meeting the needs
- Transportation is provided to those who may need assistance
- A certified educator is on site to provide academic support for virtual learning
The young person is experiencing an acute or chronic mental illness with an increasing level of acuity of any of the following symptoms:
- Unsafe coping skills
- Poor impulse control
- Family, social, and/or school difficulties
- Suicidal and/or homicidal ideations
- Active psychosis
- A substantial stressor has resulted in a significant decrease in daily functioning
- There is a demonstrated need to change medication to prevent a deterioration of their current level of functioning
- The young person presents as being at risk to harm themselves or others if they are not participating in a PHP program
- Capable of being safe in a structured environment under clinical supervision for part of the day while being in a suitable/safe environment for the rest of the time.
- A partial hospitalization program can safely substitute for or shorten a hospital stay to prevent deterioration that would lead to a re-hospitalization
- Partial Hospitalization is serving as a step-down from an inpatient psychiatric hospital stay
- All less intensive outpatient treatment options have been determined to be unsafe or unsuccessful
- Patient’s social system and significant others are supportive of recovery to the extent that the patient can adhere to a treatment plan and treatment service schedules.